Happy Friday everyone!! I am absolutely loving the #switchtosustainable challenge hosted by Balm Baby and All About Cloth Diapers (alongside a bunch of other fabulous sponsors and influencers) during this entire month of July on social media. So in the spirit of being more green and spreading awareness, I wanted to share some simple ways that you can make a difference too. Even the smallest thing counts and adds up in a big way over time!!
- Use cloth diapers instead of disposables. Obviously I had to put this one of the list! You don’t have to buy a mega big stash, just a few cloth diapers makes a big difference to limiting diaper waste in landfills (and they look super cute on the bum).
- Mama cloth, it’s not for everyone, but if you’ve been thinking about it then now is the time to make that switch!
- Replace paper towels in the kitchen with cloth wipes and un-paper towels. Easy and affordable!
- Ditch the plastic bottles and get a nice, fun stainless steel reusable bottle to use on the go.
- Bring your own bags to the grocery store instead of using plastic bags.
- Get a few useable bags or snack containers to use instead of ziplock bags for your lunch or snacks.
- No more paper plates or plastic utensils. Bring an extra set of metal utensils with you to use at work for lunch.
- If you have land, plant a little (or big) vegetable or herb garden. Even if you don’t have any land, you can make a little container garden outside or grow some herbs right in your kitchen window. Nothing better than fresh parsley and basil.
- Upcycle – find new uses for the things you hardly use anymore or donate to others who may have a better use or need for them.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle. It really does make a difference!
There are so many ways to make a difference! Just start small and work your way up. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing! It’s very likely that you are already doing one or several of the things I just mentioned, kudos to you! Each and every single one of us is capable of making a difference and having an impact, we just have to start somewhere and make the switch.
I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions to living more sustainably! What are some ways that you have changed your lifestyle to live a greener life or what would you like to start doing?
Have a beautiful, blessed Friday and happy weekend.